Are Dental Implants or Dental Bridges the Right Restoration for You?
You no longer need to suffer with the shame, discomfort, and dental risks of missing teeth. You can easily replace these teeth with dental implants or dental bridges. Learn which will suit your needs and your smile.
What You Need to Know about Dental Implants
One permanent solution for missing teeth are dental implants. They replace the whole missing tooth, along with the root, which protects your dental health. Dental implants are made of small titanium posts that are surgically rooted into your jawbone. Then, these posts attach onto replacement teeth. Discover what dental implants involve:
- Strongest and most durable option, lasting up to 25 years or more
- Eases daily function for normal eating and speaking
- Maintains natural bone structure because dental implants don’t demand the grinding of surrounding teeth for placement
- Much more natural look and greater comfort than dental bridges
- Initially more costly, but their strength and endurance saves you the cost of the repair and replacement required with dental bridges
- Financing and lower costs are often available from an affordable dentist
All the Facts on Dental Bridges
Another way to replace missing teeth is with dental bridges. Be aware that this is only a temporary solution because they usually only last for 10 to 15 years before they need to be replaced. Dental bridges consist of a frame that attaches to two crowns and the artificial tooth or teeth. The crowns are placed on the teeth surrounding the empty space in your mouth to anchor the artificial teeth in their proper place. Uncover the benefits and the drawbacks of dental bridges:
- Not as strong or durable as dental implants
- Makes speaking and eating much easier
- Placement requires grinding down the natural bone structure of the surrounding teeth
- Less natural looking and comfortable than dental implants
- Risk of additional bone loss because the missing tooth’s root is not replaced
- Initially less costly than dental implants, but their need for pricey repair and replacement makes them less cost-effective long-term, even with an affordable dentist
Consider these facts and talk to your dentist to determine your best dental decision for a better smile.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Detroit, call Gentle Dental at Grand River Avenue today at (313) 651-7260 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Michigan, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental at Grand River Avenue, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental at Grand River Avenue.