Ten Reasons Why Scheduling an Exam with an Affordable Dentist is Vital
Did you know that your semi-annual dental exams are essential to your overall health? The affordable dentist at your local family dental clinic can help you improve your oral health and spot signs of serious systemic problems long before you or your doctor become aware of them. Most dentists recommend having an exam every six months. If you’re one of the many people who don’t keep their dental care appointments, you may want to explore these ten ways that a routine exam can be vital to your healthy lifestyle and general well-being.
- Frequent checkups give you the best chances of keeping your natural teeth. Spending a few hours with an affordable dentist every year could prevent tooth loss, which eventually leads to extensive restoration procedures or dentures.
- Exams save you money throughout life. If your dental problems are treated early, you can often avoid expensive restorations, implant surgeries, and root canals.
- Your family dental clinic checkup prevents cavities. Cleaning your teeth removes cavity-causing plaque and tartar. Any signs of tooth decay will be detected in an early stage, so treating the problem will be easier.
- Dental care exams reveal early gum disease. Advanced gum disease affects the tissues that surround your teeth and hold them in place. It is a major cause of tooth and bone loss if left untreated for too long. When diagnosed in its early stages, gum disease is highly treatable and even reversible.
- With regular exams, you’ll have a brighter, whiter smile. Tea, coffee, wine, tobacco, and other substances stain your teeth. During your exam, your dental hygienist will remove unsightly stains to keep your smile looking great.
- There is a connection between your general health and oral health. Seeing your dentist for regular cleanings and exams reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease, preterm birth, and other conditions.
- Because many illnesses manifest discreetly in the mouth, your family dental provider may be the first person to detect signs of a serious systemic disease like diabetes or leukemia.
- Regular checkups reveal early signs of cancerous lesions in your mouth. The sooner oral cancers are discovered, the better your chances are of treating them successfully.
- Your breath will stay fresher. Although good oral hygiene at home helps, bacteria grows between your teeth in plaque and tartar that you can’t completely remove by yourself. Professional cleanings will solve the problem.
- Proactive involvement in your dental care will always pay off, so schedule your next dental exam today.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Detroit, call Gentle Dental at Grand River Avenue today at (313) 651-7260 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Michigan, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental at Grand River Avenue, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental at Grand River Avenue.